Sunday, August 25, 2013

Study Guides for Mathematical Reasoning

Classes start tomorrow.  I will be teaching one section of MTH 210 - Communicating in Mathematics (and two sections of Trigonometry).  As I have indicated, I used a flipped or inverted classroom model last winter for MTH 210 and I will do so again.  To help students with this method, I wrote study guides for each section of Mathematical Reasoning: Writing and Proof.  I wrote them specifically for my class including due dates, etc.  For some reason, I wrote them using Word.  I have now started to rewrite these using LaTeX in a more generic form that other people (including students) can use.  So if you are interested, you can download a pdf file with study guides for the first six sections of the book.  I will soon be adding these to the web site for the book and will be able to make the LaTeX source files available.  Please contact me at mathreasoning@gmail.com if you are interested.

No comments:

Post a Comment